April 27, 2010

walden...chapter 11

The repugnance to animal food is not the effect of experience, but is an instinct. It appeared more beautiful to live low and fare hard in many respects; and though I never did so, I went far enough to please my imagination. I believe that every man who has ever been earnest to preserve his higher or poetic faculties in the best condition has been particularly inclined to abstain from animal food, and from much food of any kind.
chapter 11
~ back to my studies on Walden...this image is from a recent shoot, very shy little girl...for her hands tell everything...a new day in the sun!!! off to the plant nursery...xo

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that little girl photo...
hows your gardening coming?

Maria said...

That photo is beautiful, love the colors and texture and you are so right about the hands - love it.
Also love that quote, something I've pondered frequently the last few years and been on my mind A LOT the last few days, wonderful timing with posting it.

Roberta said...

This is a gorgeous image. It really grabs my attention. Makes me think of Norman Rockwell.

Beverly said...

oh my, I adore this photo. so, so beautiful